“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.”
God is concerned about our thought process so much that he speaks to it in this verse above. We have free will to transform our thinking in a co-creative process with God through his word.
What you focus on expands
Literally, I’ve just read one passage about giving God the glory and talking about the wonders of his name, and he flashed an image before my face, the Holy Spirit, just showing me how, when I used to struggle in my marriage, how I wouldn’t look at my husband.
I couldn’t focus on his actions or his attitude. Now I don’t think it matters whether it’s a
- a teacher that’s driving you crazy
- a boss that’s frustrating you
- your business itself that’s frustrating you
God showed me how
- I stopped looking at the person
- I shifted my focus.
- I redirected my energy
- I chose love
- I chose connection and closeness
So, take all of that into account and don’t look at the situation with your natural eyes!
We look at how things are going, I mean you already know what you believe about your situation. You already think it sucks, it’s a waste of time, it’s not going to work…. so
- why keep looking at it that way,
- why keep focusing on it
- why keep digging at it
- why keep talking about it
- why keep complaining about it
So, the image that flashed before me was where I took my eyes off that situation, almost like turning my back to it, but I had a space with God, and I had a space in that relationship with him where I could talk to him about it. No complaining, no feeling sorry for myself, but just talking to him and thanking him, and telling him how glorious and wonderful and great he is, no matter how my situation turned out.
Let it go with ease
I think that’s that aspect of when people mention not being attached to something, where we’re so attached to a situation that we let the ups and downs of it to cause our emotions to go all over the place.
But if you’re grounded in
- how great God is
- how much He cares about you and
- has your best interests at heart
- how much He loves you
- how much He’s already given for you
- how much more he’s willing to do for you
- how you have a purpose in him
Then we stay in a higher vibration, as some would say. Our energy stays high, our thought process is higher, our being is just higher, because we’re in tune with him, we’re attached to him instead of our situation, frustration, or that issue or that problem. I want to challenge you today that as you go through whatever difficult thing has been popping up for you, that your communication or your speech about whatever it is, changes.
- You know when that person walks in the room and you they are the source of “whatever it is”, praise God and tell him thank you, and really focus on Him above.
- You know when that client said they were going to sign and then you never hear from them again and you start to judge yourself and say you should have done more, praise God and tell him thank you, and really focus on Him above.
- You know when you set that financial goal and somehow it just slipped right through your fingers and you didnt get close…Praise God anyways, tell him Thank You for this lesson. Your livelihood is not dependent on man.
Say it with me: “My livelihood, my finances, and my desires are not dependent on man!!!
You are what you think and we must ground ourselves in the goodness of God and his desire for us to have good things. I encourage you to see where in your life you can reframe your thoughts and ground yourself in truth. As multi-passionate women of faith balancing families and work keeping our eyes on the Lord is so important!!
Justina Ford is a Christian Mindset Coach. She is The Soul-Alignment Strategist for Multi-Passionate Business Women of Faith. She teaches entrepreneurial-minded women of faith how to overcome their limiting beliefs, embrace their self-worth, and utilize their God-given talents. Through her work, clients have experienced personal and professional breakthroughs that allow them monetize their divine passions. She believes real beauty starts with you. Now is the time to embrace the value of your uniqueness so you can propel forward and operate in your purposeful business.
Justina holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, a Master’s in Human Service Counseling focused in Business, and additional training in the Emotional Freedom Technique and Splankna Therapy. She is an Amazon #1 International Best-Selling Author. She also serves as a Commercial Makeup Artist, providing her first love, professional hair and makeup services to Award-Winning Photographers, Marketing and Advertising Teams. She has worked with clients such as South Magazine, Coastal Living Magazine, Toyota, Fox 8 News, and Target Stores to name a few. She is a Huffington Post Contributor and Contributing Author of Notes to Younger Women.
To schedule a complimentary clarity session with her click on the link calendly.com/discoverwithjustina
You can also find her in her Facebook Group The Purposeful Pursuit to a Beautiful You.